Friday, April 5, 2013

She's Finally Here!

Oh wow, I have been seriously slacking when it comes to updating this! You can tell I've been busy with other things. Our little lady, Elise Arabella is finally here! I have been SO busy with her. She was born February 19th at 7:29 pm, weighing 6 lbs 3.5 oz and was 19 in long. She is absolutely perfect in every way. I hope to get around to writing her entire birth story soon.

She is growing and changing everyday. It's unbelievable! Breastfeeding has been going really well so far. We actually took her to the pediatrician's today due to some tummy troubles she's been having and she weighs 9 lbs 12 oz already. We found out that it's looking like she has a milk protein allergy and I'm going to have to give up dairy. Allen says it's ironic that I have to give up milk so that she can get some milk! I'm not looking forward to this big of a dietary change (What, no mac n cheese? No coffee creamer? Oh boy...) but I'm willing to do whatever is best for her and I'm committed to breastfeeding her for at least 6 months, ideally a year. I didn't realize how much bonding and healing would come from breastfeeding. It can be very exhausting and tedious at times, especially when she cluster feeds, but it so worth it.

Life for us has changed so much, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. She's such a miracle and has mended our broken hearts more than we could have imagined. We'd always hear our friends talk about how amazing their children are, but you don't fully realize what it is they're talking about until you have your own. I could just stare at her all day (and I do!). The sleepless nights are not so bad when your staring at her sweet face. She's finally starting to sleep for longer stretches at night. I get so paranoid when she sleeps for too long and usually end up waking her up anyway. I've realized that people who claim their infants "sleep through the night" are either liars or extremely lucky. I'm loving every minute of being her Mommy. I'm so thankful that I don't have to go back to work because I don't think I could handle being away from her for very long!

We're so thankful for our sweet little Elise. I'm glad that my stressful pregnancy is over and she's was delivered safe and sound. Our greatest dream has been fulfilled; we're finally the family that we've always dreamed of being and it's the best feeling ever. I can't begin to express how in love we are with her.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! We have a new reason for loving and living; and her name is Elise.



1 comment:

  1. YAY! Precious indeed! Thanks for sharing, karen

    ReplyDelete