Friday, April 26, 2013

Milestones

Last week was an important week for many reasons. Elise turned 2 months old on the 19th! Where is the time going? It was also our 5 year wedding anniversary that day. The next day, the 20th, Caroline would've been 18 months old. It's hard to believe how quickly time flies. They say time heals everything. But that's just not true. It just puts a bandaid on those wounds. Our little Elise has done more to heal us than time could ever do.

Allen and I went out to a nice dinner alone for our anniversary since Elise was born. My parents came to our house to watch her. It was their first time babysitting her alone. I think they loved it. It's funny how we talked mostly about her the whole time.

She's starting to hold her head up better by herself. All that tummy time laying on my chest is doing her some good! She's also focusing really well and will smile so big at you when you talk to her. I think she's starting to realize she has a voice and will coo at you and interact with you. It's the sweetest thing. There's nothing better than her smiling at you.

She also had her dreaded 2 month shots this week. I think I was more upset about them than she was. I wanted to cry the entire day before we went. But she handled it so well. Of course she screamed bloody murder when they gave them to her, but it didn't last long. She was just as happy and normal as could be afterward. Not at all what I expected. I had infant Tylenol on the ready, but there was no need for it. She's getting so chunky. They said she weighs 11 lbs 5 oz, she's 22 3/4 in. long, and her head is 15 1/4 in. around. Her Dr says she's "the model size for a baby girl her age". I couldn't be prouder!

So far going without dairy is working really well for her. She's doing and feeling much better. It took me some time to figure out what I can eat, but it's easy once you get the hang of it. It's quite maddening to realize how much dairy is in everything that we eat. My first grocery trip took several hours because I had to read all of the labels. Who knew Duncan Hines was dairy free? Um, hello chocolate cake. I've actually found some really yummy substitutes for things. Although I do miss cheeseburgers and my beloved ranch dressing. Oh well, it's almost bikini season so hopefully this will help me shed a few pounds. Here are a few blogs that have been a tremendous help for me in figuring this dairy free lifestyle out:

www.beanmom.com/nomilk.html
nomilkmall.com
www.godairyfree.org


Here's a recent pic. I love this little sleepy face.






No comments:

Post a Comment