Tuesday, August 28, 2012



Today we had our 12 week Nuchal Translucency (NT) scan. This test checks for the probability of various birth defects, like Down Syndrome and Trisomy 13. We didn't do this test with Caroline, but this time we wanted to take advantage of every test available. Plus, it was a chance to get to see our little one again! My what a difference 6 weeks makes! My Mom came with us, and was amazed at how clear you could see everything. Baby was moving all over the place, rolling around, waving to us, and doing a little fist pumpin'. It was hard for our ultrasound tech to get the measurements she needed, but eventually she got them. The heart was beating at 157 bpm and baby is measuring 4 days ahead of schedule. I felt that since everything looked good today and I'm about to enter my 2nd trimester, I thought it was time to make it Facebook official. So the secret is out, no going back now! Today was a great day and this is starting to feel so real now. We're definitely feeling so blessed to be expecting again. I told Allen I was "walking on cloud 9" today. He reminded me that you can either be "walking on sunshine" or "on cloud 9". Hmmm, I think I can do both! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about you, and found this! God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete