Tuesday, August 7, 2012



It's true, it's true! We are excitedly and cautiously expecting! This is our first ultrasound photo, taken at 6 weeks 4 days. We saw a strong heart beat of 121 bpm. As I write this, I am now 9 weeks 2 days. The funny thing about this little one is it was conceived on Father's Day. Which makes it even more special. My cycles after having Caroline were typically very long. However, this was the cycle we decided to start trying and I ovulated a whopping 2 weeks early. It's unbelievable! I can't help but think that Caroline was watching over us and knew exactly how to help us. I went to her grave that weekend and asked her to help Mommy and Daddy with this. It's nothing less than a miracle in our eyes that we were able to conceive so quickly. So far, I've felt pretty good. Just generally tired and feeling like my pants are starting to get tighter. We know we have a long road ahead of us, but I know that there's only so much control that I have over this process. I think that helps to keep me calm. I'm not going to let my fears overcome my joy. After all, we know that tomorrow isn't promised for any of us. All we can do is put it in God's hands and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment